Women in Agribusiness Summit U.S. opens tomorrow! It's not too late to register
By Michelle Pelletier Marshall, Women in Agribusiness Media (September 15, 2020)
The ninth annual Women in Agribusiness Summit (WIA) opens tomorrow and will run through Friday, September 18. With this year's conference being completely virtual in keeping with current gathering and travel restrictions across the globe, there's still time to register without missing anything! Over 650 attendees from 11 countries are expected at this popular industry event, which engages an international community of women who are passionate about agribusiness and sharing industry knowledge.
“We may have taken the ‘live’ out of the event having to go virtual, but we have kept the ‘lively’ in, to ensure an incredible interactive experience for our attendees,” said Joy O’Shaughnessy, event director for WIA and chief operating officer of HighQuest Group, the event host. “This, along with sessions on the most relevant topics and insights from industry experts, make this event truly one-of-a-kind.”
This year’s agenda will feature conversations and interactive dialogue about the top issues and challenges in the ag and food sectors. These include discussions on agtech innovations, the resiliency of ag, sustainability, perspectives on new trends, and much more.
Additional special activities include:
· Live and On-Demand Sessions – The option to attend live sessions or come back later (up to 365 days later!) to view the recorded sessions.
· Targeted Networking – Attendees can visit the main “ballroom” during networking hours, or arrange private video chats or group meetings via the online platform.
· Film Screening – The work of one of the 2020 WIA Demeter Award of Excellence recipients – Amy Wu, founder of From Farms to Incubators – will be presented for a screening. The film – From Farms to Incubators: Telling the Stories of Minority Women Entrepreneurs in the Salinas Valley and Beyond – has been chosen to screen at the 2020 United Nations Association Film Festival this October.
·WIA Members Only Gathering – This member’s only night includes a special cocktail treat mailer and mixologist demonstration.
Women in Protein Gathering – Always a sell-out and sponsored by ING, this special get-together is for women in animal protein and includes a special gift from ING.
· WIA Swag Box – The first 500 attendees will receive a care package of goodies shipped right to their door, courtesy of sponsor Nationwide.
· And relaxation – As is done with the on-site event, morning yoga will be offered with a live instructor. WIA also will offer a view inside an animal farm during a relaxing tour.